Monica Burtt - Clerk
Angie Wilcox - Deputy Clerk

VOTER INFORMATION FROM THE SECRETARY OF STATE: Helpful information about voting and voter registration can be found at
· How do I register to vote?
· Am I already registered?
· Find your clerk
· Absentee ballots
· Work at the Polls
· Voting machine instructions
· Election calendar
· Map to your polling location

Due to the passage of the statewide ballot proposal 18-3 in November, all eligible and registered voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason.

Download an absent voter ballot application - Fillable Version

Your request for an absent voter ballot must be in writing.  Requests to have an absent voter ballot mailed to you must be received by no later than 5 p.m. the Friday before the election.

Once the request is received, your signature on the request will be checked against your voter registration record before a ballot is issued. You must be a registered voter to receive an absent voter ballot. Requests for absent voter ballots are processed immediately. Absent voter ballots may be issued to you at your home address or any address outside of your city or township of residence.

After receiving your absent voter ballot, you have until 8 p.m. on election day to complete the ballot and return it to the clerk's office. Your ballot will not be counted unless your signature is on the return envelope and matches your signature on file. If you received assistance voting the ballot, then the signature of the person who helped you must also be on the return envelope. Only you, a family member or person residing in your household, a mail carrier, or election official is authorized to deliver your signed absent voter ballot to the clerk's office.

If an emergency, such as a sudden illness or family death prevents you from reaching the polls on election day, you may request an emergency absent voter ballot. Requests for an emergency ballot must be submitted after the deadline for regular absent voter ballots has passed but before 4 p.m. on election day. The emergency must have occurred at a time which made it impossible for you to apply for a regular absent voter ballot.

If you are living outside the United States, you may send a Federal Postcard Application to apply for an absentee ballot. This application is also distributed through U.S. embassies and military bases.


To register to vote, you must be all of the following:

  *   A citizen of the United States
  *   At least 18 years old by Election Day
  *   A resident of Michigan
  *   A resident of the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.
You are not required to re-register for each election unless you have moved or changed your name.
You may obtain a voter registration application at one of the following:

  *   Your local Secretary of State branch office
  *   Your local county, city, or township clerk's office
  *   Offices of several state agencies
  *   Military recruitment centers
  *   Voter registration drives
  *   Online at <>
Michigan law states that the same address must be used for voter registration and driver's license purposes. That means, if the residence address you provide on the application differs from the address shown on a driver's license or personal identification card issued by the state of Michigan, the Secretary of State will automatically change your driver's license or personal ID card address to match the residence address entered on this form. If a change is made, the Secretary of State will mail you an address update sticker for your driver's license or personal ID card.
If you are living outside the United States, you may send a Federal Postcard Application to register to vote. This application is also distributed through U.S. embassies and military bases.


If you would like additional information or have questions or suggestions,
please stop at the Clerk's office or call 616-897-7600.